Here are a few of our favorite restaurants – from fine dining to light casual eating, starting with the five in the village:
Within a short walk:
- Old Yarmouth Inn (508-362-9962) – Amongst the best dining on the Cape, and you can choose between the Tavern or one of the delightful dining rooms. An exceptional dining event with an extensive and carefully chosen award-winning wine cellar. Not to be missed, and all this right next door to us!
- Primavera (774-330-0000) – Contemporary Italian cuisine in elegant surroundings, just half a mile from the inn. Renowned chef AJ Black makes it to Cape Cod, all the better for us!
- Inaho (508-362-5522) – Fine Japanese cuisine with a reputation to match. Wonderful atmosphere with sushi bar, inventive makis and excellent sake choices. Only 200 yards from us.
- Jack’s Outback II (508-362-6690) – Grab a bite here at lunch time with the locals in a friendly ambience. A tasty menu with attentive service.
- Optimist Café (508-362-1024) – Good food in quirky and charming surroundings. An attractive light lunch menu, or afternoon tea.Only 200 yards from us
- Hallet’s Store (508-362-3362) – A treat not to be missed during your stay. The yummiest home-made ice cream and frappes in charming historic surroundings. Check out Charlie and the bear! Get Charlie talking about the 150 years of this family business.
Within 10-20 minutes drive:
- Mattakeese Wharf (508-362-4511) – Spectacular sunsets and glorious harbor views from this great family waterfront restaurant. High quality seafood dishes with a warm and friendly welcome – try the lobster pie for a real treat. A Cape Cod experience not to be missed.
- Ocean House (508-394-0700) – Exquisite waterfront dining in sophisticated contemporary surroundings. Creative and inspired fusion cuisine and wonderful attention to detail make the Ocean House fine-dining to savour. One of our personal favourites. You may need to book early, often a day or so in advance during season. It is so worth it !
- Red Pheasant (508-385-2133) – Creative and classic cuisine in the charm of a 200 year-old barn. “Enchanting, intimate and delicious”, with an impressive wine cellar. Good to combine with a visit to the Cape Cod Playhouse.
- Fin (508-385-2096) – Fabulous contemporary cuisine with an emphasis on seafood, using locally sourced produce. Winning awards even after one season!
- Chillingsworth (508-896-3640) – A Modern American multi-course menu served in the charm and elegance of a Colonial home. Also offers more casual dining in its Greenhouse Bistro.
- Brewster Fish House (508-896-7867) – Great seafood in a cozy setting – VERY popular so come early!
- Naked Oyster (508-778-6500) – A bistro-like environment with Raw Bar. Organic produce with fresh daily catch dishes, including Wellfleet oysters.
- Cape Cod Central Railroad (end March to end October) (508-771-3800) – An award-winning elegant dinner train. Unique dining entertainment while traveling through some beautiful scenery and glorious sunsets.
- Brazilian Grill (508-771-0109) – Great fun with the emphasis heavily on a variety of tasty spit-roasted meat. This is authentic Rodizzio from Brazil. Fixed price menu.
- Roadhouse Café (508-775-2386) – Live jazz on some evenings while you dine in a fantastic atmosphere. Several dining rooms if you prefer a quieter meal. Good food and friendly service.
- Centre Stage Café (508-385-7737) – In the grounds of the Cape playhouse. A light bite or dinner before or after the show.
- Sesuit Harbor Café (508-385-6134) – Another Cape Cod institution not to be missed. Choose a warm summer’s evening to dine al fresco while watching the very spectacular sunset as fishing boats come and go. BYO.
- Borsari Gallery & Tea Rooms (508-385-3434) – Enjoy traditional afternoon tea with cakes, sandwiches, and even scones with Devon clotted cream, all in a wonderfully restored historic barn. Also home to the Borsari Gallery, with great ambience and beautiful, evocative art-work.
- Twenty-eight Atlantic (800-225-7125) – European style sophistication in a waterfront location overlooking Pleasant Bay, Chef Bill Brodsky creates a distinctive menu with native & seasonal ingredients. Highly recommended for a special occasion.
- Chatham Bars Inn (800-527-4884) – Good food, service and magnificent ocean views, in colonial setting.
- Wellfleet Bookstore & Restaurant (508-349-3154) – A seafood cafe overlooking Wellfleet Bay. Sit upstairs if you can with your dozen Wellfleet oysters, some say the best they’ve ever tasted! Not to be missed.